English name: Zirconium carbide
CAS No.: 12070-14-3
EINECS No. 235-125-1
Molecular formula: ZrC
Molecular weight: 103.2347
Physical and chemical properties: density 6.73
Ceramics with zirconium carbide as the main crystalline phase. The chemical formula is ZrC, gray, face centered cubic lattice. Melting point 3540 ℃, theoretical density 6.66g/cm3, thermal expansion coefficient 6.7 × 10-6C-1, microhardness 2600kg/mm2, resistivity 57~75 μ· Cm, and the temperature at which strong oxidation starts is 1100~1400 ℃. It is insoluble in hydrochloric acid, but soluble in nitric acid. The powder is generally prepared by reducing ZrO2 with carbon, and then formed and sintered into ceramics. It can be used as electrode, refractory crucible and cathode electron emission material.
Dark gray cubic crystal with metallic luster, brittle. The melting point is 3540 ℃. The boiling point is 5100 ℃. The apparent density is 6.70g/cm3. Mohs hardness is 8~9. Insoluble in cold water and hydrochloric acid. It is soluble in hydrofluoric acid and hot concentrated sulfuric acid containing nitric acid or hydrogen peroxide. At high temperature, it reacts with chlorine to form zirconium tetrachloride. At 700 ℃, zirconia is generated by combustion in air, which does not react with water. Zirconium carbide powder has high temperature resistance, high hardness, good thermal conductivity, good chemical stability and other properties. It is soluble in nitric acid, hot concentrated sulfuric acid, hydrofluoric acid and aqua regia, and easily soluble in molten caustic soda.
Zirconium carbide can be prepared by direct synthesis, carbothermal reduction, sol gel method, self propagating combustion synthesis, plasma chemical vapor synthesis, mechanical alloy method and low-temperature synthesis, etc. The industry generally adopts carbon reduction ZrO2.
1. Zirconium carbide applied to fibers: different zirconium carbide and silicon carbide powder contents and adding methods have an impact on the near-infrared absorption performance of the fiber. When the content of zirconium carbide or silicon carbide in the fiber reaches 4% (weight), the near-infrared absorption performance of the fiber is good. The near-infrared absorption effect of adding zirconium carbide and silicon carbide to the shell of the fiber is better than that of adding them to the core layer.
2. Zirconium carbide shall be used in new heat preservation and temperature regulation textiles, heat preservation nylon and polyester fibers, temperature regulation fibers, heat storage and heat preservation polyester materials, heat preservation conjugated polyester fibers, sunlight heat storage and heat preservation finishing, Taiji steamed lung vest, and aerospace science and technology heating materials; It can greatly improve the strength and fatigue resistance of carbon fiber, enhance the wear resistance and high temperature resistance, and is used in the modification of aerospace carbon fiber materials. Zirconium carbide has the characteristics of efficient absorption of visible light and reflection of infrared light. When it absorbs 95% of the sunlight μ After the short wavelength energy below m, the energy can be stored in the material through thermal conversion, and it also has a reflection of more than 2 μ M Infrared wavelength characteristics. Zirconium carbide has ideal characteristics of heat absorption and heat storage, and the products can be used in new thermal insulation textiles.
3. Zirconium carbide shall be used for cemented carbide, powder metallurgy, abrasives, etc.: Zirconium carbide is an important high-temperature structural material with high melting point, high strength and corrosion resistance. Its excellent characteristics make it have great application space in cemented carbide. It can improve the strength and corrosion resistance of cemented carbide;
4. Zirconium carbide can be used in coatings as high-temperature resistant coatings to improve the surface performance of materials;
5. Zirconium carbide (zrc), a modifier of carbon carbon composite functional materials, can greatly improve the strength of carbon fibers when used to modify carbon fibers. Improve the fatigue resistance of carbon fiber, and enhance the wear resistance and high temperature resistance. In the modification of aerospace carbon fiber materials, the effect is very obvious. ZrC zirconium carbide powder material, chemical formula ZrC, is a new type of material designed and produced by special process. Elastic modulus 35.5 × 103MPa, resistivity 57 ～ 75/ μ Ω· cm, compressive strength 1670MPa, thermal expansion coefficient 6.7 × 10-6 ℃ (20-1000 ℃), microhardness of 2930kg/mm-2, thermal conductivity of 20.52 [W (m · K) - 1] (20 ℃), atomic weight of 103.22, theoretical carbon content of 11.64%, melting point of 3540 ℃, theoretical density of 6.66g/cm3, and starting temperature of strong oxidation of 1100 ～ 1400 ℃. It is insoluble in hydrochloric acid, but soluble in nitric acid. ZrC zirconium carbide powder material is a face centered cubic structure. The lattice constant is 0.46930nm, the space group is Fm3m, the radius ratio of C atom to Zr atom is 0.481, less than 0.59, forming a simple interstitial phase. Zr atom forms a compact cubic lattice, and C atom is in the octahedral interstitial position of the lattice.
6. ZrC zirconium carbide powder material is a key material for preparing high-performance wear-resistant materials, high-temperature structural materials, cemented carbides, aerospace, atomic energy, textiles, electronics, coatings, metallurgical automation and other high-tech fields. The compound carbide solid solution of 6 molecules of niobium carbide and 4 molecules of zirconium carbide (which we can supply) can replace expensive tantalum carbide, and can produce high temperature resistant and wear-resistant CNC tools; The mixture of 4 molecules of tantalum carbide and 1 molecule of zirconium carbide (we can customize it) has a very high melting point and is a good thermionic emitter; Zr Ti alloy, Zr Ti C-B ceramic material, C/C - (Zr Ti C-B/SiC) composite produced from zirconium carbide is a new material that can withstand ablation at 3000 ℃, making supersonic flight possible and providing high-end material solutions for the development of supersonic aircraft. ZrC zirconium carbide powder material can be used as anti infrared detection, electrode, refractory crucible and cathode electron emission material. It can be used as abrasive for processing various hard metals, corundum or glass; The utility model can also produce a zirconium carbide crucible and a cutter which are wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant. In addition, it can also be used in the nuclear fuel industry, electronic equipment, tools, wear-resistant protective films, superhard film materials and high brightness electronic emission films.
7. Zirconium carbide can be used in nuclear fuel industry, electronic equipment protective film, superhard film material and high brightness electronic emission film. Because of its low neutron absorption cross section and good radiation resistance, it can be used as inert matrix materials in nuclear reactors, such as nuclear fuel cladding materials;
8. Low density loose zirconium carbide coating has good thermal stress resistance and insulation performance, which can be used as insulating material. High density dense zirconium carbide coating has good permeability resistance, which can be used as protective coating.
Packaging and storage:
This product is an inert gas anti-static package. It should be sealed and stored in a dry and cool environment. It should not be exposed to the air for a long time to prevent moisture and agglomeration, which will affect the dispersion performance and use effect.